Monday, October 04, 2010

Deer in My Headlights Tonight in Baltimore

Deer in My Headlights Tonight in Baltimore

It was another wonderfully busy cool fall like day in Baltimore. My last appointment was after dark for one more signature completing a contract. Easier for me to go meet the clients than wait for them.
Driving  back home around 8:00 PM... this is what I saw.
       Deer in my Headlights HomeRome Realty        Deer in my Headlights HomeRome Realty

Sure makes you understand that "Deer in the Headlight" look.

These are gorgeous animals but very dangerous for drivers. Please be careful when you see deer. They travel in groups and it is almost certain if you see one, others will follow. I was lucky to see this animal on the side of the road where I slowed down, pulled over and stopped.
Why?

Any blogger knows the answer.... it was to get my camera! Tried to capture them through the windshield but it was raining. After opening the window , I quickly got these two shots when several more appeared. looked at me, turned and ran away.

This is an astounding statistic. ' According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, deer-vehicle collisions in the U.S. cause about 200 fatalities each year.'  There are many car and truck accidents that are probably caused when drivers swerve  to avoid the animals but the collisions are not attributed to the deer.

Please use caution and when you do see Deer in the Headlights  SLOW Down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home