Saturday, May 07, 2011

Why I Blog... Has Nothing To Do With Why You Should Blog!

ActiveRain is turning five next month and I have been here  blogging since  July of 2006 almost from the  beginning!  I was the 845th member to sign in.  It has become part of my daily routine and a huge part of my business. An often asked question: How do you find time to write every day?

I usually say: I take a shower every day, wash my hair every day...always finding time for important things. Blogging has become one of those important things.

                                              Why I Blog... HomeRome 410-530-2400
                           
The writing of my book, fabulous reviews and countless listings and buyers have been the direct results of my blog.

The  Washington Post has quoted me   and even ran a front page article  in the real estate section, after reading  about a Thursday afternoon BBQ.

Realtor Magazine honored me with the title of Open House Master ... sent a crew from Chicago to film me for two days. That was also the very first   ActiveRain Open House

They found me through posts of  other unique open houses... like A Three Day yard sale. and a Popcorn and Champagne Open House  prior to an auction.  Anyone who knows me, knows I don't do opens.. but now due to the publicity of blogging, I have gone National.

On Wednesday My Garden Party had 35 people show up. They came because of the blogging.

Recently I presented  a session at our board..GBBR, for Rookie agents.  Instead of telling the class why they 'should' blog, I told them why I blog.

I blog about my listings and link to other posts. I blog about neighborhoods and link back. I blog about the weather, the birds, the squirrels, and soon will be blogging about my beautiful new cat, Phoebe.

I blog answers to buyers and sellers questions.  I blog about other agents, transactions, vendors, restaurants, why I make my own appointments, what 2 questions I ask to get a listing...

Why I Blog has nothing to do with Why You Should!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home