Friday, February 03, 2006

Have Tablet Will Travel

We haven't talked about my favorite techno-tool yet: my tablet PC. In the few months I've had this wonderful machine it has become a part of me. My work life has changed dramatically, and in time I'll tell you about all the ways it makes things better for me and my clients.

Today I'm using one of my favorite features - handwriting. That's right, good old-fashioned pen to paper writing. Except now it's stylus to screen. The first time I tried writing on my tablet's screen I was laughing like a kid with her first Magic Slate. My handwriting, right there, on the screen! And I can make it bolder, change color, and even erase.

So what happens next? Can a computer really read and save my writing? Yes, it can read and convert my writing to printed text. But what's even better is this:

That was written on my tablet and sent by email to end up in this article. Can't you just see the possibilities? Signed listings and offers on the spot. A personal note of thanks to an appraiser or inspector. A quick message to a friend. I use this feature every day and still get a kick out of it. And on days like this, which I'm on the road a lot, I think this tablet is one of the best investments I've ever made.

3 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Great Margaret!! I am sure we can share Tablet ideas.

Dan Tealdi
VREO, Inc
Home of the REDTablet

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Derek said...

Hello Margaret,

I wanted to compliment you on your website and your blog.

Derek Crager
Director of Public Relations
The Floyd Wickman Group
317.796.9825
http://topproducermarketing.com

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaret,

Great example actually showing the handwritten content on this blog. You are certainly a leader in your field.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home