Saturday, March 11, 2006

A Unique Challenge - Part 1

Once in a while I have the opportunity to take on a unique, “impossible” listing. These are so much fun because they have been on the market for a while and haven’t sold. Nothing gets my creative juices flowing faster than a challenge that “can’t be done.” I listed just such a house the other day and thought it would be fun to follow it through to sale in my blog.

At first glance it’s a lovely old country church complete with steeple and stained glass. Look again and you see that there is a modern section attached to one side with lots of windows angled to capture the sun.

Now step inside and find yourself in a soaring space that holds an art gallery as well as the artist’s home and studio. Natural light pours in all around you, and the white walls make a perfect setting for the imagination to roam free.

I can see this used as a gallery, as it is now, but also as studio space for artists and craftsmen, a graphic design studio, an architect’s office, even home to someone’s collection of antique dolls or a grand model railroad garden. With livable space inside and out, the possibilities are literally endless!

Sure, it’s not for everyone, but for the right person or groups, this wonderful building will be the perfect answer to their dreams. Click here for many more photos, and stay tuned as I work with the seller to market this unique property and find the buyers who will love this home as much as she does.




4 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a fantastic property! This has got to fit someone's perfect idea of a dream home, amazing - I wish I had someone moving there for an in-home gallery - super!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Margaret Rome said...

Linda, This gallery owner is moving to Albuquerque and I hope you two will meet.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger The Lovely Wife. ROAR! said...

Hi Margaret. :) Please keep us up to date on this sale. I would love to know what someone else's creativity can do with this property. I find myself curious what the new owner will do with it. If I did not live in Florida, I would buy it myself. :) Live From Active Rain...The Lovely Wife...ROAR!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Margaret Rome said...

If you bought this wonderful place, you would not live in Florida. When would you like to settle?

Margaret

 

Post a Comment

<< Home