Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Counting the Days

Do you know how long you've been married? Or how about some other important event in your life? Do you celebrate once a year on that date?

Not me. I celebrate every day because each day is an anniversary. And tomorrow is a very special one - 14,000 days of marriage to my incredible husband, Lee. People who know us have learned that we always know the number of days, even if we don't always know how many years.

Think about it. Why wait a whole year when every day can be celebrated? Whenever we go out to dinner we can always say, "Today is our anniversary." Sometimes we even get a candle and wish!

I have used my calculator in the past, and I was fairly accurate, until a few years ago when I had dinner with CyberStar® Allen Hainge (www.afhseminars.com) and Dan Gooder Richard from the Gooder group (www.Gooder.com). Dan shared with me this wonderful site to make my life easier - www.Re-date.com

This is a special site to share with friends, family, and clients. If you forget a birthday, anniversary etc., just figure out the number of days and, voila, an instant personal "present" that you can mention in a card or email. It's also a great icebreaker; tell someone "We've been married 10,626 days," and I can guarantee a conversation.

Use this to keep track of important milestones or just for fun. How about sending a friend a birthday greeting in Venusian or Plutonian years?

Oh, yeah, and today is 13,999 days. Happy anniversary to us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home