Friday, August 01, 2008

Marketing and Media and My Face in the Paper

Here's the lead line of the article in today's Baltimore Jewish Times: "It takes a certain kind of personality to be a real estate agent, and Margaret Rome thinks she has the right type." The article goes on to talk about my new book, about my Type E personality, about the CyberStars®, and my particular approach to real estate. Please take a minute to read the article here.

I'm loving it, of course! But it didn't just happen – this kind of coverage in a weekly newspaper that gets delivered to my market area did not just fall into my lap. I've been a regular advertiser with the Jewish Times for years and have built relationships there. Some time ago I told one of the people I know at the paper about my book. She told someone else about me and my book, and before long I was talking with Maayan Jaffe, a delightful young reporter. That conversation lasted for more than an hour and I did whatever I could to provide her with information that would help with her article. I rearranged my schedule to meet the paper's photographer at one of my properties. And when the article came out, there was my picture at the top. Two other agents were quoted later in the article, but at least 2/3 was about me.

We've said it before – in real estate, building good relationships is the key to success. And sometimes, the key to getting great coverage that your clients, prospects, and friends will see, too.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home