Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Was SMART ...SMART Program That Is!


Kim with SMART bagI had a great day! While having lunch with Kim Jones last week (she was Maryland Association of Realtors® Rookie of the Year), I noticed she was carrying a SMART bag . That is Floyd Wickman's program, and anyone who knows me knows that I am one of Floyd's biggest fans. Heck in my book Real Estate the Rome Way, his name is indexed more than anyone else's, and the first blurb is from Mike Pallin.

Me: "Oh, you know Floyd?"

Kim: "Well yeah, I am enrolled in the SMART program right now. We meet on Mondays. Steve Caudle knows you and missed you at Master Sales Academy this year."

Kim spoke to Steve and I was invited to stop by. I was wonderfully busy on a Monday morning, up at 5:30, went to the gym, took a couple of new listings, working on a property going to auction, two settlements this month. In there, too, was checking on my Active Rain membership with the change in rules today, scanning through Brad's post and the more than 400 comments! But when I got an email from Kim saying she was leaving for class, well, I decided I was not too busy after all…WIN!

After 19 years since I first took the course (back then it was "SweatHogs"), other than the technology everything was so familiar. I found I was chiming in with the class. They even allowed me to do some role-playing and welcomed me with open arms. There were lots of questions about how I am getting listings, making contacts, marketing, and just real estate in general. It was fun with this enthusiastic group, so eager to learn in spite of the negative/slow market. These agents were doing something, they were learning, they were excited. And so was I.

SMART class

Steve Caudle, Margaret Rome, Michelle Nolan, Ulysses Cooper, Phillip Graham

Kim Jones, Sean Regan

A few photos, handshakes and hugs, and the day was over. It was great to see Steve and I was honored that he asked me to sign a book for him. Then he handed me a pen…it was from Dean Moss - a wonderful friend, Rainer, Floyd Wickman follower, and Carolyn Howd award
winner from Chicago.

The day was complete. Networking, friendships, learning, sharing, and seeing again how the world goes round and round to bring good friends together.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home