Friday, March 27, 2009

Did a Paper Truck Throw Up?

I have been oh, so wonderfully busy this week. Negotiating and ratifying a contract on the Southfield listing. A successful auction at 7001 Park Heights, , two sellers waiting for me to do the listing agreement, then showings on my latest two listings, Terrapin and Oakland. There have been seminars and meetings - CRS and Gee Dunsten last week, a WCR luncheon, a webinar with Frances Flynn Thorsen, a networking evening with Vito Simone at his Canton office, a planning meeting for an art auction in May, lunch with my publisher, and a funeral. Plus, of course, many phone calls, emails, reading, etc. Yep, a typical Type E schedule.

Dining table mess

Desk #1As I was leaving the house this morning for a string of appointments I got a glimpse of my desk – well, actually two desks plus the dining room table separate for doing my income taxes. What did I see? Looks like a paper truck threw up!

Oh…yeah…and my deadline is today for getting the stuff to my accountant.

Now don't think I am not organized. Received a call from a client who had purchased one of my listings back in 2001, and another who bought 14 years ago. Within minutes, had my hands on those folders with all the pertinent information. One of these clients is looking at my new listing and both are thinking of selling their homes.Desk #2

So it's not a lack of organization that leads to scenes like these. Nope, it's the Type Ein me. All the information is there..I just file by pile. I can find what is needed. It's the task of sorting it into someone else's order that I avoid. And that is why my desks looks like a paper truck threw up!

Are you brave enough to photo your desk before you straighten it up? Come on show us...I dare you.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home