Sunday, March 15, 2009

It Only Takes a Phone Call to Keep a Seller Happ!y


House Sale Cancel ContractMost listings are lost not because the house is not sold – it is because the seller is not kept updated. Think about any stressed sellers you might have. When did you call them last? When did you update them? Do they know if you are doing anything? Save those listings! Just pick up the phone!

I took a listing a few weeks ago for a home that has been on the market for many, many months – almost a year. They were referred by one of my recent sellers. I don't need another listing, but these sellers were not at all pleased with their current agent. It was an estate sale so they were definitely ready and motivated. And, my former seller told them they had to hire me.Phone Ringing

I tried to talk them into giving their agent more time. When I asked what their main complaint was, they said...lack of communication! They never heard from the agent, the lights were left on, they got no follow up after a showing. I asked how long they were under contract; it had expired months ago but the agent never contacted them, just extended the MLS!

Treo PhoneSo I suggested they call the other agent to let them know they were planning to change. The response? "We have showings, and we have an offer coming in." With that, I suggested they wait to see if this turned into anything. (The agent, a long time friend, was shocked they would even consider a change!)

A week went by – no contact, no phonReal Estate Agent-MRome Signe calls. Again they called and told me to proceed. I did my usual process for a listing; took photos, the MLS, blog, advertising, etc. I emailed the sellers my AR blog about the property and told them about the marketing, but also let them know that we had no calls yet.

About a week later, I received a call for a showing (remember I make my own appointsments. (Yes, I DO! Yes, I DO...Part 2 )

So I called the seller to let them know about the showing time. Afterwards, as I was locking up the house, I called the seller with feedback. It is so simple!

A few days later another showing was scheduled, I made the appointment and made arrangements for the agent to view the house. I called the seller to tell them of the showing and then called them with a follow up after speaking to the buyer's agent. We had another showing yesterday, and so another call to the seller. A showing tomorrow and a return showing on Monday night; again, calls to my seller.

This is wonderful activity in this market. No, I don't have a contract yet! But I do have very satisfied sellers. And, it only takes a phone call before and after to maintain communication and hang on to a listing.

How simple…it is only takes a phone call!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home