Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Can't Even...Give It Away!...Well Now You Can!

Kiln

Child playing piano

Some years ago, I listed a home that had a piano no one wanted. I offered to help the sellers get rid of, not realizing what a big job that would be. I advertised it, made phone calls, and finally found someone who wanted the piano for a child. It was almost as much work as selling the house!

It happened again when I was disbanding my ceramic studio. The same challenge was there – all the equipment remained in my home way way too long... before a charity contacted me. They had a really wonderful use of the potter's wheel, the kiln, and all the other equipment I had collected over the many years of being an artist. It was going to used by children and that made me feel very proud.

The best part, they came that same day with a truck, loaded everything and took it away. No time to change my mind. It was the right decision.

StairmastrToday I would have a much better way of finding a new home for these items that are still of use but would be costly to have removed. Whether it's furniture, appliances, exercise equipment, a piano or huge ceramic kiln, I would list it on TRAC under the "Take It Away" heading. And then someone else would come Take It Away.

Truck It's a great way to recycle still-useful items – a green solution for sure.

We can all sing along with George Strait on this one! What items can you think of that would go on a Take It Away list?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home