Friday, June 12, 2009

Palm Pre...Definitely Worth the Wait - Baltimore, MD


Palm Pre...Definitely Worth the Wait in Baltimore,Md.

Michael and the early rush Sprint Store Any one who knows me knows that I am a Palm person, starting way back with the Palm V. Loved learning how to use that first PDA. I have moved up to the Palm 700P but knew my time was limited, hoping that my trusty Treo could hold up until the Palm Pre arrived. It did!

I was standing in line at the Sprint store that Saturday morning before 7:30AM with Dick Betts; the only difference was that he was in Florida and I was in Maryland. This little bit of distance did not stop either one of us from texting and updating about the phone. I was number 14 in line in Baltimore and he was number 16 in Ocala. Michael and Yvonne at the Sprint store helped with that early morning rush. I found out that the Palm Pre...Definitely Worth the Wait-Baltimore,Md.

New Pre PhoneWhen I first touched the display phone I texted Dick saying it was going to take some time to get used to using the QWERTY keyboard because the keys were even smaller than my Treo. But as soon as I got my hands on this sweet little beauty I found I could use my nails for the keys - yeah, I do love that. (I've always used my fingernails and never the stylus, and the the Pre does not use a stylus so I didn't have to unlearn that.)

I am envious that Dick had the luxury of spending unlimited time with his new Pre. I had to show properties and sell a couple of condos, attend an all day class, meet with my publisher, write an offer, attend a funeral, set up home inspections, etc. I need to spend lots more time on my new toy, but I love it so far. Can't wait to read Dick's website with Tips and Tricks for this new tool - hope he will hurry up so I can have the benefit of all this learning!

Yvonne helped at the Sprint storeWith over 7000 contacts it took awhile to transfer the data to the new Pre. We did this in the Sprint store, or so I thought, but found out later that only my facebook contacts transferred over. And in the process I discovered a neat feature of the new Pre - the usb cable is part of the wall charger! Charger with USB

Using this cable is how we finally transferred the data.... we used the old hot sync from the TREO then placed the data on a newer computer and then transferring to the new phone.

Still have a lot to learn, but I'm loving this new Palm Pre. I'm also sold on the quality and sound.... the reception is so much better. No "dead" spots in my home or neighborhood.

Palm Pre...Definitely Worth the Wait in Baltimore,Md.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home