Sunday, September 06, 2009

With a Little Help from His Friends - An Ironman Lesson

Several mornings a week I go to Lifebridge Health Center and workout-at-the-gym . This is where my trainer, John Vargo, helps me focus on Physical Training. John's clearly a fitness fan, and here's more proof: he recently competed in an Ironman marathon in Louisville, KY, and shared some photos.

JOhn Vargo Ironman Run Start John Vargo Ironman with Dana

What struck me about this was that while John was doing the running and riding his bicycle, he had a team supporting him. Dana Gaither, his girl friend, was there to hold up signs, run beside him for a while, and help him celebrate at the end. Besides Dana, other friends cheered him on and served as his support team. When it was over, John placed 320th out of 2,435 participants – that's in the top 15%!

John Vargo CheerleadersJohn Vargo BikingNo matter how good we are at what we do, no one does it alone, not even a marathoner. We need other people to cheer us on, to run with us, and to be there when we finish no matter whether we win or lose.

John Vargo and TeamThis holiday weekend I'm thankful for all the people who are there for me every day. To each of them and you, I say what John said to close his email: "All the best and make it a promising week."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home