Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Active Rain Realtor Nationwide Survey about Maryland.

I COULD HAVE SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT In 2010

My market area is Baltimore Maryland and it is moderate for this time of year.

My Current Housing Market Conditions... Our sellers are reducing prices and buyers are buying.

Buyers are still calling but seem to be afraid to move quickly. Homes priced well below the market are getting more showings. Sales are occurring but at a slower rate.

Our condo market prices are down and there are some excellent buys. One reason ...homes are not selling at the same rate as a few years ago. Most of our condos have always been purchased with cash by sellers when downsizing. The proceeds from the big home goes for the purchase. For the first time buyer, it is more difficult, sometimes possible to get financing on these buildings.

For the first time I have two short sales in my inventory.

The calls from buyers are picking again after the " frenzy" prior to the tax incentive expiration. Sellers are having to be aggressive with their price in order to get more showings. We no longer can to do the three "Ps" (put a sign up, put in MLS, Pray) but have to think outside the box to expose listings so they stand out from the rest. Good internet coverage including blogging, unusual open houses and individual websites are a must for today's listings... as well as media advertising. Homes must be "seen" so they can be sold. My May and June have 6 transactions for settlement and I am negotiating a contract as I write .

With good inventory that is well priced, very low interest rates, it is time to buy in Maryland.

I think many people will be looking back saying I COULD HAVE SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT In 2010

The Active Rain Realtor Nationwide Survey about Maryland.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home