Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Say what you mean, mean what you say also goes for writing! Thank You BofA !

You might want to read this first  CHECKS and BALANCES

So I get this little postcard in the mail, actually two, from Bank of America asking me to fill out a survey about an overdraft! Taking a better look, realized, this was serious! Instead of writing a check for 4,500 I had written one for 45,000. The numbers were correct the word was not..and guess what they(the bank) go by the written word. So if you mean a hundred, don't write a thousand. OOPS!! And the check was written to the IRS. Now how am I going to get it back?

Into my local BofA branch I go and  was greeted by Nancy Harter, a bank officer, with a delightful kind and understanding personality. I show her my cards and the copy of the OOPS check.

Say what you mean, mean what you say also goes for writing! Thank You BofA !
Within seconds, Nancy was in the bank's computer, I hear a sigh of relief. "Oh thank goodness, we stopped payment on that check!" And then another sigh of relief..this time from me!

So what could have been a nightmare, trying to get the funds back from the government, is a simple reissue of a check for the correct written amount. I will also put a copy of the OOPS check in with an explantion.

             Bank of America Nancy Harter  Bank of America HomeRome Realty
Thank you Nancy for your kindness, your  efficiency and your  personal service!
Say what you mean, mean what you say also goes for writing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home