Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My friend Gail Hit a 100,000 Points!!

Whoever has been following my AR blogs, knows about my good friend, Gail Harris. Our meeting is a story of it's own. Some nine years ago, my husband was going through a major health crisis and was a patient at Johns Hopkins Hospital.  Since he had a standing Poker game, I planned a catered card party Monday night at JHH. He was in his hospital gown with a morphine drip. moaning and  playing poker.  The guys were having a good time, cheering Lee up and getting a bit loud.

A gentleman , quite angry, came over complaining about the noise. You see his wife had also just had surgery and the party was disturbing her rest.

The next morning, I went to that room waving a white cloth begging forgiveness for the disruption. That patient turned out to be Gail and from that day, we became friends and have stayed in touch. As Gail recovered, she thought about real estate and I was there to encourage her to go for her license and of course, suggested ActiveRain.

Gail was getting tired of hearing me talk about ActiveRain and reluctantly agreed to sign up. To say she became addicted to blogging, especially for points, is an understatement.

When she called me one night in tears, I had to calm her down with questions like: are you sick, has the cancer returned, is Richard OK, is it someone in your family?? No!  it was about ActiveRain POINTS!  You gotta be kidding me...oh well just read about it here..I am a Colon Cancer Survivor - and here I am worried about....

                                                Happy Balloons

Please go over and congratulate Gail on reaching her 100,000 Point goal!  She has worked so hard for this milestone and her success makes me  proud!  Gail was part of the surprise in Ocean City when Terry Watson   sang Happy Birthday. Gail has been an inspiration and a great supporter of other ActiveRainers.

Here are a few more good reads:

Half Million Points ...a True Group Effort! -

One Phone Call, One Hour Ride From Baltimore and One Delightful Day in Chesapeake Beach

Please go over and congratutlate Gail on reaching her 100,000 Point goal!  She has worked so hard for this milestone and her success makes me  proud!  Gail was part of the surprise in Ocean City when Terry Watson   sang Happy Birthday. Gail has been an inspiration and a great supporter of other ActiveRainers.
                                                  100k Points HomeRome 410-530-2400
Gail, Here is a great big cookie to share with your new ActiveRain friends. Happy 100,000 points!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home