Monday, December 20, 2010

Setting My Alarm Clock for 1:33 AM

There is going to be a lunar eclipse starting in about four hours. I am going to set my alarm clock for 1:30AM so I can witness this event. Even though it says the best time is 3:17AM..maybe I will set it again. Do not think I will be up for the full time it takes for the entire eclipse.


The eclipse begins on Tuesday morning, Dec. 21st, at 1:33 am EST (Monday, Dec. 20th, at 10:33 pm PST). At that time, Earth's shadow will appear as a dark-red bite at the edge of the lunar disk. It takes about an hour for the "bite" to expand and swallow the entire Moon. Totality commences at 02:41 am EST (11:41 pm PST) and lasts for 72 minutes.'

This past month November there was this Moon Over Baltimore


Tonight, Monday, this is what the moon looks like  at 9:45PM from my front porch in Baltimore.
                                                                                    12.20.2010 Baltimore Moon HomeRome 410-530-2400

This should be a really cool (about 30 degrees cool) doing this through the wee hours of the morning.

**For more pictures of the eclipse, go to my blog at Eclipse on Active Rain blog and be sure to scroll down through the comments to see the full show.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Homes for Sale in Hidden Hills said...

This event is one of a lifetime, it'll be back for a hundred years again, thanks for this cool post..

Monique

 

Post a Comment

<< Home