Saturday, January 22, 2011

Do You Know Who You Are Dealing With?

Thanks to Charita for reblogging a post by Laura Salinsky's  three offers.

From experience, I can relate to this post from a buyer's agent point and from a listing agent's point.

Many years ago, my buyer clients were viewing a home with me and the owner was home. This buyer expressed serious interest asking specific questions of the seller.
                                                     Hurry Up HomeRome 410-530-2400
About an hour later, the listing agent called with a hurry up and stating she had 2 offers and was presenting at 7 PM. When I relayed this to the buyer, her response:  "I am not interested in a  bidding war. Please tell them to let us  know if the other offers don't work out."

The agent was unhappy (to put it mildly), she wanted the offer that night to fit her schedule.  When they called back the next day, asking for an offer, my buyer had lost confidence in moving forward with that home. To this day, I have my doubts when dealing with this particular agent. (You guessed it, there were no other written offers.)

                                                   ##############################

As a listing agent who makes all my own appointments  Yes, I DO!   Yes, I DO...Part 2    I was able to tell the agent (making  a return visit) to advise her client... we had an offer. Her response.."Yeah right, it has been on the market for a long time and now you expect me to believe you have a contract the same day I am showing it? Don't pressure ME!" This was said without speaking to her buyer.
                                              Don't pressure me HomeRome 410-530-2400
This agent was VERY angry when it went under contract!  These buyers never had the opportunity to go for their first choice home. Many calls received from the buyers  checking... maybe there was a chance of it not going to settlement.

It pays to know who you are dealing with.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home