Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pay It Forward... Made Simple the Rome Way!

One of the themes that run through my life is YOU GET BY GIVING a statement first heard from Floyd Wickman. The statement was new but not the concept.

When I remember Mom the first year she moved to Baltimore... her condo was filled with lots of gifts at the holidays. This would not be surprising except it was her first year and the gifts were all from people she knew for less than 12 months. When I asked where everything came from...her response: ''Everyone in Baltimore is so nice!''

Questioning each gift going around the room ... each had it's own story. Mom took one neighbor to the doctor three times a week, another she visited in the hospital daily and washed their clothes, another she baked for each Friday night, another was a blind lady that she read to and helped. All around the perimeter of the room...story after story..Mom's response..it didn't cost me anything...why are they all buying me gifts?
                                              HomeRome 410-530-2400

"...the concept of helping someone else is as old as time.  Helping not only benefits the recipient, but also benefits the giver.  Think about the feeling you had the last time you did something for no other reason but to be helpful.  That feeling is empowering.  Most often the deed done for another is something very simple.  It’s because you put someone else’s needs before your own."
So here is my Pay It Forward the Rome Way. If you would like to have an autographed copy of Real Estate the Rome Way, just make a donation to the charity of your choice, let me know about it, provide me with an address and I will send you a signed copy of my book. Hurry this offer lasts til the end of the year.
                                                             Real Estate the Rome Way 410-530-2400


Pay It Forward... Made Simple the Rome Way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home