Thursday, July 28, 2011

As Agents We Love to Brag!

As agents we love to brag!  But how do you do it without sounding like a show off?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                         We love to brag!

 When I got my very first listing...my office manager put up a banner that read: 'Congratulations Margaret'.

That only happened once...they figured it was beginner's luck.  Little did they know!

How do we get that banner today?

We create it. We make it happen and blogging is a wonderful way to brag! I would rather call it sharing my success. It is a way to let others know we are good at what we do!

We do so much in this business giving advice to clients, friends and even other agents. We make things happen for our buyers and sellers. We help them realize their dreams and  solve a myriad of problems. We become the adviser, counselor,  negotiator,  stager, conductor, marketing person, salesperson, psychologist and confidant ...all while being the professional who continues listing and selling homes.

As agents we love to share our success and what better way than right here on ActiveRain, I don't have to wait for some one to "notice'' what I've done. I can announce it in banner headlines, right on my blog. I can share the road to success with others. Yes some may call it bragging but that's OK.
                                                
One definition of bragging  is to speak of (one's own achievements, possessions) ...boastfully.

You need some confidence in this business to brag and do it successfully. I love hearing of others achievements. I am honored when they share the positive results of their hard work. I love encouraging others. Most of us want this reinforcement just like when we were kids,.. "Good job", "Mommy is proud of you."

How do you BRAG without being offensive?   You could run around saying I am the best! I sold a gazillion million this year, I am the top honcho in the entire world. If you do...you are not going to win  friends or influence people.
You do need to have confidence  to let the public know  you can get the job done.

I like this quote by John Unitas, also known as 'The Golden Arm" who was a great  Baltimore Colts Quarterback.

“There is a difference between conceit and confidence. Conceit is bragging about yourself. Confidence means you believe you can get the job done.”

And remember Mohamed Ali...“I am the greatest of all time!” Ali was asked why he bragged so much and his reply was, “It ain't bragging if you can back it up!''

Yes it would be wonderful if we could  rely on the rest of world recognizing our expertise...but don't count on it!

You have to share your expertise and you can do this by bragging blogging!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home