Thursday, July 21, 2011

Firm...Final Offer...But Are You Sure?

Careful while negotiating!

Had an agent leave me a message late  last  night with a counter offer saying this number was firm  along with a list of reasons why the buyers  would not go any higher.
                                                     This offer is firm

In the mean time, another offer has arrived... and it is better than the first offer.   I call the first  agent and thank her for leaving me a message with her final offer. I also wanted her to know that IF this was her buyer's final offer ...we had no place to go. She thanked me and I thought that was the end.

This morning, quite early, my phone rings.  It was the agent with the first buyers ...they now admit they love the house and do not want to lose it. Well guess what...it may be too late!!

Do you say it is a best and final offer in order give the impression of being a "strong" negotiator?

Are you following your client's wishes and not your own.
Firm...Final Offer...But Are You Sure?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home