Saturday, January 14, 2012

Can I Be Honest With You? Nah... Lie Like You Usually Do!


  Can I Be Honest With You? Nah... Lie Like You Usually Do!



When someone says,   Trust Me, Let Me Tell You the Truth or Can I Be Honest With You? my reaction:    What have you been doing up until now?


Professing honesty or integrity does not make it so.

                                             Can I Be Honest? Nah..Just Lie


When thinking about truth and real estate, I am remembering this situation.


"Jane" called asking for help with the sale of  her contemporary  home. It was a property that I was quite familiar. You see I was the listing agent when "Jane" purchased.  Why didn't "Jane" call her buyer agent?  "Jane" said  it was evident that I was working for the seller and she wanted that kind of strong representation.


During the routine interview questions,  'Why are you  moving? How much do you owe?'  'Jane' told me that she needed to get the maximum for the house and I did not need know any of this information.   One of her statements caught me  off guard.


"I don't trust anyone!"  When that statement was made a second time,  I closed my folder, gathered my things and stood up. She acted a bit surprised. I thanked her for her time. 


When someone does not trust others, I find them not to be trustworthy. That was the best listing that I did not take!


When representing a client, trust is not taken lightly. It is what Real Estate is built on. If I tell you something, I will put it in writing but I will never say these words....Trust Me, To Tell You the Truth or Can I Be Honest With You?


So to be totally honest... I have to say...

''This post is a submission to the ActiveRain / Adobe EchoSign Trust Contest. I could possibly win a prize. You can find out about the contest by clicking here''



When someone says,   Trust Me, Let Me Tell You the Truth or Can I Be Honest With You, my reaction:   What have you been doing up until now? 


 Can I Be Honest With You? Nah Lie Like You Usually Do!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home