Saturday, March 31, 2012

Daddy Would Be Proud of Cheryl Today..Definition of Laughter...David B. Ritchie's Celebration of Life

Daddy would Be Proud of Cheryl Today..Definition of Laughter...David B. Ritchie's Celebration of Life

We drove down to  Solomon's Island this morning to be with my friend Cheryl Ritchie. When we arrived the parking lot was filled to overflowing. Even though this was a sad occasion,  sadness was not the theme. Laughter was!

                                                              David B Ritchie  

The family greeted each person and made everyone feel welcome. There were photos and albums and posters with good times, good friends, neighbors, family and co- workers. If I had to sum up the two hours of listening to the most wonderful stories about Cheryl's daddy, DBR, it would be one word. LAUGHTER. No one spoke this man's name with out using laughter in their description.

So many stories, so much life, so much love, so much friendship. I felt like I knew Daddy even thought we never met. He was a lucky man who lived his life to the fullest and earned a tremendous amount of respect, love and admiration. I was proud to be at this memorial and I was proud of my friend Cheryl.  I hope you get the chance to read Cheryl's tribute to Daddy. 

Daddy would be proud of Cheryl today!

 Definition of Laughter...

David B. Ritchie's Celebration of Life  July 7, 1934~February 3, 2012

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home