Thursday, April 12, 2012


Amy Jones and I connected because of a  contest and challenge  started by Dick Greenberg. A request for an iPad mentor looked like fun. Within days...Amy purchased her  iPad and the fun began!

                               410-530-2400

Via Amy Jones ~Voted Chandler's BEST REALTOR Also serving Sun Lakes & the East Valley (RE/Max Infinity in Chandler, Arizona):
activerain
Dick Greenbergs Challed Sensei/Grasshopper-An April Challenge was the push I needed to finally get my IPad.  If I could find an ActiveRain Member who was willing to mentor me, I'd go ahead and do something I've been afraid to do for, oh I don't know...say 2 years?
I'm not really sure why I feared the IPad.  I think it all just seemed overwhelming and I know I'm definitely on High Tech Overload.  I really needed a reason to help me overcome my fear of moving my business over to IPadopolis and this challenge proved to be just the boost I needed.
So, I put out a request for a Sensei to mentor me with the IPad and to open my eyes to the ways it would make my real estate business easier and just a little more 'space-age' (OK, I'm dating myself...does space-age even mean anything anymore?).  If someone would be my Sensei, I would be a willing Grasshopper.
Margaret Rome to the rescue! Margaret responded to the call and immediately shared how the IPad has become an indispensable tool for her. She then said I should let her know when I had my IPad.  The glove was thrown.  It was now or never for me.
3 days later I emailed Margaret "I HAVE MY IPAD!". 
A couple hours later, I answered my phone to hear, "Hi, Amy, this is Margaret."
Now, this was something so unexpected that my mind swirled as I said "Hi, Margaret" while scanning my memory banks to remember who this person was.  Then it hit me.  "OH! ACTIVERAIN MARGARET...HI MARGARET!" with a little more gusto this time.
Margaret proceeded to walk me though her favorite tools and explain the ways she uses her IPad every day.  She also posted the links to her ActiveRain Posts that detailed some of the items as well.  She then encouraged me to sign up for classes at the Apple Store which I have done and I'm learning more tips and tricks every day.
Margaret showed me an easy way to take a screen shot so that if I'm out showing property, I can quickly access each mls sheet just in case the wireless is slow.  She told me about her favorite programs including Zoodle which is handy for creating some neat graphics for blogging (or for your kids or grandkids to play with!)
I can't thank Margaret enough. I know she'll be there to share any new tidbits she learns and I will do the same.  She is the epitome of what the community at ActiveRain is all about...Sharing knowledge and dispelling fear.
Like in the movie "Kung Fu", when Grasshopper said ~
"Of all things, to live in darkness must be worst."
His blind Sensei's response?
"Fear is the only darkness".
Yeah, it's kinda like that.





©2007 - 2012 Amy Jones. No article or image may be used without permission by the author. Some posts are also posted on PhoenixArizonaRealEstateBlog.com and YourSunLakesLifestyle.com
Subscribe to my BlogJoin the Amy Jones Group on FacebookFollow Me on TwitterLink to me at LinkedInGoogle MeYourSunLakesLifestyle.com


_____________________________________________________________________ 
    Chandler homes for sale                  Sun Lakes Homes for Sale                 Gilbert Homes for Sale              Tempe Homes for Sale                   Ahwatukee Homes for SaleSearch Chandler Homes      Search Sun Lakes Homes       Search Gilbert Homes        Search Tempe Homes     Search Ahwatukee Homes
Amy_Jones_Realtor
Amy Jones, REALTOR®, ABR, CNE, EPro,CDPE, CSSPEDirect 480-250-3857 
Chandler, Sun Lakes, Gilbert, Tempe & Ahwatukee Real Estate
Voted Chandler's BEST REALTOR 2011 & 2012 by Arizona Foothills Magazine reader poll.

Phoenix Business Journal "Top 50 Real Estate Agent"
www.AmySellsAZ.com for more information including free MLS search.RE/Max Infinity
www.PhoenixArizonaRealEstateBlog.com  for a comprehensive Phoenix Area Blog.
www.YourSunLakesLifestyle.com for all things Sun Lakes, az

RE/Max Infinity ~ 2450 S. Arizona Avenue ~ Chandler, Arizona 85286 ~ Office number (480) 821-4232

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home