Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Contest Update – Still Time to Enter!


Your 15 minutes of fame is still within reach. But act soon – our “Think outside the box…umm…church” contest ends in just two weeks.

Here’s what you do: Describe in 100 words or less your most creative - and legal - idea for the use of this historic church building. Tell me what you would do and why it's such a great idea. You can read more about the property on my web site – click here to see more photos, or go to the original blog entry for more details on this amazing building.

Here’s what I’ll do: The most creative idea will be featured – along with your name and photo, if you like - in my blog and also in one of my newspaper ads in early June. Plus, I'll announce the winner on the radio and let you know when to listen for that, too.

So far we have some great ideas including:

  • Children’s museum
  • Church
  • Family reunion site
  • Bed & Breakfast
  • Conference center
  • Restaurant
  • Art gallery
  • Professional offices
  • Greenhouse
  • Retail shop

What can you think of? Let me know by commenting on this blog (click on “Comments” below) or send me an email at mrome@homerome.com by May 31. In a couple of weeks, you could be famous!

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had this church, I would turn it into a Cafe/Gallery/Museum where the community can come and enjoy local artist, food and spiritual connections.

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've looked at the chapel on your web site.

It would make a beautiful "serenity" spa complete with Zen gardens, yoga instruction, meditation rooms, and massage/mud bath facilities. Throw in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony and you have the greatest stress-relief program in town!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home