Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It Was Sunny Last Night in Maryland

There was sunshine and conversation and laughter in Timonium, MD, last evening. The Mays Chapel North office of SunTrust Bank hosted a wine and cheese networking event for real estate agents, and invited me to come talk about my book. SunTrust Mortgage has a dynamo Mortgage Consultant in Sharon Clatterbuck who comes up with all sorts of creative marketing ideas, and she's the one who organized the fun event.

Timonium is north of Baltimore and I don't get up there often, so this was a great opportunity to meet some new people and reconnect with others I haven't seen in a long time. My publisher, Peg Silloway, was with me and enjoyed visiting an area she knows well, having worked nearby for several years.

Cheryl Schaffer, Vice President and Branch Manager, made us feel so welcome, and Cheryl Davis, the Assistant Branch Manager, helped keep the atmosphere upbeat. That was something that really impressed me – in these days of doom and gloom, these bankers were optimistic and outgoing. What a pleasure!

I enjoyed talking with Jesse and Jeri Hannon of RE/MAX Acclaimed Realty, along with other Realtors® and bank and mortgage officers. The most fun was watching Sharon's excitement about Real Estate the Rome Way; at one point she was showing our book order forms in her best Vanna White style.

After the official event was over, we sat around the remaining goodies (delicious cheese, crackers, chocolate!) and chatted for more than an hour. I introduced them to the Type E quiz on my website – we weren't surprised to find out that Sharon is a full mystic Type E like me. It was a fantastic evening, and we left very impressed with the people at that SunTrust office. We're looking forward to seeing them again for a book signing party!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home