Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Real Estate the Rome Way by Margaret Rome - Book Review

Jason Crouch, one of the most admired and adored ActiveRainers, took time from his busy schedule to write the following review. Subscribing to Jason's blog is a must!

Via Jason Crouch, Broker - Austin Texas Real Estate (512-796-7653 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 512-796-7653 end_of_the_skype_highlighting) (Austin Texas Homes, LLC):

Not too long ago, while speaking with my friend Margaret Rome, award-winning Baltimore Realtor, I asked how I could get a copy of her book, "Real Estate the Rome Way". She replied, "You give me your address and I will get it sent out to you soon."

Well, that was easy.

I finished reading her book after a few short sessions, and I felt rejuvenated. Margaret inspired me to look into even more networking opportunities, and to work toward getting a couple of real estate designations as well. Margaret is a power networker, and a Renaissance woman. I was a little dizzy after seeing how much real estate education she has under her belt. :)

This book is an easy and fun read, with plenty of real life anecdotes to punctuate her ideas. You can learn more about Margaret's use of a signature color (brown), price (all of her listings end in 944), and even a particular candy that helps to make her marketing message more memorable (hint: there are a lot of "m"s in that last sentence).

In a brisk, easy-to-understand fashion, "Real Estate the Rome Way" covers all of the basics, so it's definitely suitable for beginning agents who are trying to evaluate real estate as a career choice. However, she doesn't stop there, as I found some pertinent reminders for myself as a broker/owner, and I have been an agent for almost 13 years.

Since I am a pretty prolific blogger, Margaret inspired me in another way. She and her friend Peg Silloway formed Silloway Press in order to get the book published. I am working on a book project (or two) myself, so holding Margaret's book in my hand made my own goal seem more attainable. In fact, I have wanted to be a published author since I was a kid. I plan to make this happen, and hopefully soon.

This book is a must-read if you are just getting started in this challenging business. The perspective from a top-producing agent will also help if you are established and looking for new ideas. I recommend picking up a copy for yourself.

EDITED: I corresponded with Margaret after writing this review, and she is offering FREE shipping and an autographed copy if you order the book directly from her. Email her at mrome@homerome.com and get yours today!

Thanks, Margaret!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home