Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ice on the Pool in June - Baltimore, Maryland


It was late on Tuesday after a wonderfully long day, one of those very hot and humid Baltimore days. I had an appointment to show my listing at 3408 Terrapin Rd, parked my car in the driveway and went to open the house. You know - open the shades, turn on all the lights - all that typical stuff we agents do to ready a home for visitors. Suddenly I heard the wind kick up and watched as the sky turned that threatening dark that means a serious storm is brewing. I ran back out to the driveway to move my car under the carport - you remember that special car? – I did not want any dents!

Hail Storm Hail Storm 2

Hail on Pool CoverRan back in the house just in time before the noise and excitement began. Have you ever heard hail in a storm on a skylight?

Looking out the big windows of this contemporary home I watched as heavy hail pelted the ground. Grabbed my camera just in time to see this quick quirk of nature cover the in-ground pool cover with ice balls. These photos are of the actual rain/hail/wind storm – they are blurry not because I was shaking, but because it was coming down so fast and hard!

A few minutes later all was calm and quiet. The ice melted in the afternoon heat, and a beautiful cool breeze came up for the drive home. A nice reward after a long and (briefly) exciting day.

Yes there really was Ice on the Pool...in June -Baltimore, Maryland

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home