Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Future Years Will Be the Best Ever! A book review on The Cat Lover's Book of Days

Russel Ray took time out of his busy schedule to write a book review on "The Cat Lover's Book of Days" This book was written by my good friend and publisher, Peg Silloway. You don't have to be a cat lover to appreciate this book, but it helps. If you are a feline lover or know someone who is, this is the best gift for under $25. You can even ask Peg to personally autograph a copy for your all your special clients, friends, family or real estate professionals.

Via Russel Ray, San Diego Marketing & Business Consultant (Russel Ray):

My owner is a Marketing & Business Consultant in San DiegoIt's the most wonderful time of the year....

Recently I wrote a book review on Real Estate the Right Rome Way, written by our own ActiveRainer Margaret Rome. The publisher of Margaret's book is our own ActiveRainer Peg Silloway, a cat lover. Margaret pointed the way to Peg's book, The Cat Lover's Book of Days, and I bought a copy, which arrived Monday although I didn't get to pick it up from the post office until yesterday. What a wonderful book!

I've seen cat calendars for each year, but never a book of days that is good for every year because only the dates are in the book, no years. There is even a page for February 29 when it arrives!

I'm trying to write a book review, but Zoey the Cool Cat is not cooperating. She thinks the book is hers:

The Cat Lover's Book of Days

Here's the best picture I can get of the book right now:

The Cat Lover's Book of Days

If there is a cat lover in your life, including you, you can't go wrong with this book.

There is a list on pages v-vii of all the cat people who lent their cats to Peg's brilliant project. I can't wait until January 1, 2010, gets here so I can get my daily dose of cat history, cat lore, cat laughter....

Here are twelve fun cat snippets gleaned from the book, chosen totally at random:

  1. January 6 - An original poem by Peg Silloway herself:
    "My cat
    Is fat,
    And that's that."
  2. February 9 - "To err is human, to purr is feline." - Robert Byrne
  3. March 16 - "There has never been a cat who couldn't calm me down by walking slowly past my chair." - Rod McKuen
  4. April 25 - "Even overweight, cats instinctively know the cardinal rule: when fat, arrange yourself in slim poses." - John Weitz
  5. May 24 - "Cats always know whether people like or dislike them. They do not always care enough to do anything about it." - Winifred Carriere
  6. June 17 - "In a drafty room, indeed the cat makes a superior kind of paperweight!" - Carl Van Vechten
  7. July 24 - "A kitten is in the animal world what a rosebud is in a garden." - Robert Southey
  8. August 27 - "There is, indeed, no single quality of the cat that man could not emulate to his advantage." - Carl Van Vechten
  9. September 28 - "Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want." - Joseph Wood Krutch
  10. October 15 - Most cats will find a high perch whenever they can so they can look down on their domains and see what their humans are up to.
  11. November 21 - "I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen, and see the cat smiling into her fur as she delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue. Cat, I would lend you this book to study, but it appears you have already read it.... Don't be ridiculous, she purrs, I wrote it." - Dilys Laing.
  12. December 4 - "You're nobody until you've been ignored by a cat." - Anonymous

After looking through this book but not reading it, I ordered three more copies as gifts for my mother-in-law, my brother-in-law, and a Realtor here whom I know has several cats. I know that I will be ordering more throughout the coming year. Don't run out, Peg!

Order your own copy by going to Peg's Cat Book of Days web site. Tell her Russel Ray sent you her way.

Disclaimer: I have received no consideration from Peg Silloway or Silloway Press for writing this review or recommending that you buy a book.

With my Cat Lover's Book of Days, I know that my future years will be the best ever!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home