Thursday, January 28, 2010

Proof That Marketing Pays

My friend and my publisher, Peg Silloway, is going to be on the radio this Saturday January 30th beginning at 5:05PM. The live interview is on Talkin Pets Radio

Here's your chance to call in with questions about your cats. Can we keep the board lit up?

Peg is scheduled for the first 30-60 minutes. If there are too many calls, they might have to keep her on longer.

Toll free call in number: 866-606-TALK (866-606-8255)

Website - Listen online: http://talkinpets.com

Via Peg Silloway (The Silloway Press):

The Cat Lover's Book of Days coverI realize I'm preaching to the choir on this one - the concept that it pays to market is not new to the real estate professionals that hang out in the Rain. But I got positive proof just yesterday that letting people know what you do is the first and maybe most important step to building your business.

You probably know by know that I wrote a book - The Cat Lover's Book of Days - and several folks on Active Rain have said nice things about it. (Yes, I'm talking about you, Russel and Jim!) But to meet my definition of success for this book I needed to reach a wider audience, so I chose to work with a PR professional to get the word out. She drew up a list of target media, we prepared a press release, and started to spread the news.

And it worked! In a matter of a couple of weeks we've sent review copies of the book to radio stations, magazines, and websites. Yesterday I got confirmation that I'll be interviewed on a national radio talk show, "Talkin' Pets" with Jon Patch, on this Saturday! It's going to be great fun and I would love it if Rainers called in with questions or comments. Here are the details:

Talkin Pets header

"Talkin' Pets" with Jon Patch - 5:00 p.m. EST - Saturday, January 30, 2010

Toll free call in number: 866-606-TALK (866-606-8255)

Website - you can listen online: http://talkinpets.com

The show runs from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm, and I'm scheduled to be on during the first 1/2 to 1 hour. To find an AM station near you that carries the program, go the website and click on the "Station Info" button on the left.

Please call and say "Hi!" - I'd love to hear the friendly voices of Active Rain. This Saturday. 5:00 p.m. Fun!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home