Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Privilege of Speaking at the Greater Baltimore Board of REALTORS (GBBR) was mine today!

 The Privilege of Speaking at the Greater Baltimore Board of REALTORS was mine today!
                                                               GBBR

                                                      My friend,my mentor Anne Hruby HomeRome Realty
Today was a wonderful day in Baltimore and I was able to do one of my favorite things...speaking with other agents about my passion for real estate. This was certainly not a first for me.  Speaking, Networking, Making Connections!! 

My Fast Start teacher, my mentor, my dear friend... Anne Hruby is teaching the GRI 200 Series and asked me to be a guest at today's class. No matter what is on my schedule, I will always be available when this special lady calls. There's Gold in "Them Thar" Years! Happy 50th Anniversary!

It was very refreshing walking into a full classroom of REALTORS, anxious to learn, and enthusiastically asking all kinds of questions. This was GRI module 203-Interpersonal Skills & Personal Assistants. Lots of good questions from how I got into the business, tell me about your first listing (I prompted that one), why did I become a broker, when did I decide to become a broker and some really good dialog developed.

It was good seeing so many agents doing something positive in this market, investing in their career. Too many people have accepted the "fact" that we're in a down real estate market and are becoming complacent. Here's a list of a dozen and a half ways to "make it rain" in real estate  A Dozen and a Half Ways to Make it Rain in Real Estate

Wrapping up, of course ActiveRain was mentioned.  Sitting right in the front row was Stanley Barsch and his wife Jessica...and yes he is a Rainer. We did a drawing for my book Real Estate the Rome Way and Stanley was the winner! Stanley promised to blog about today and I will be watching.
                                                                GRI class listening to Margaret Rome
                                            GRI class listening to Margaret Rome
The Privilege of Speaking at the Greater Baltimore Board of REALTORS (GBBR) was mine today!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home