Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bob Asked Us To Write About Our Referrals.

Bob asked us to write about our ActiveRain Referrals and there have been quite a few over the years. One of my favorites is this home built in the early 1900's and still occupied by the woman who was born in the house 85 years ago. You can read more about the history of this  Cheswolde Home.

It is not so unusual to get or make an AR referral but this was actually a neighbor of mine.  This property was only a few blocks from my house but the referral came from an agent in South Carolina. She did not know me and I did not know her but she was friends with this woman's daughter in SC.

So how do I come into play?

This agent follows ActiveRain, even though not a member and chooses not to participate. When she googled the zip code and the neighborhood, my name was always there because of my localism posts.

                                                           Active Rome

When she first told me about the seller, I knew it would not happen overnight. How do you start a move after 85 years in the same house and with a husband who was not well?  But the move was necessary...the home was too big and the owner needed to be close to family. It was a year from the time we met until we listed the property.

During that time, I used to take morning walks, stop and place the newspaper on their porch.  This kept them from having to come down the steps  and into the yard.

After a few phone chats, they became comfortable with me and pretty soon I was able to put them in contact with others who could help with packing and evaluating what to take and what to sell and what to dispose.

    Cheswolde HomeRome 410-530-2400  Cheswolde HomeRome 410-530-2400  Cheswolde HomeRome 410-530-2400

And what happened over this year long process...good friendships were formed. The house was sold with ease and at full price. I was able to meet the out of town family and felt their appreciation.

All because of posting on ActiveRain... a referral practically in my own backyard...a neighbor.  It took an agent in South Carolina to make the connection!  That is the power of ActiveRain.

Thanks Bob for the reminding me with your challenge.

Here is another referral that came from an agent blogging about a lender and how I used this lender based on this informationMargaret Rome Plus Mortgage Mama = ActiveRain Success

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home