Wednesday, March 09, 2011

A Referral Through a Book Review..How is That Possible?

A Referral Through a Book Review..How is That Possible?
Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a listing broker in Baltimore and that my business comes from referrals. This is the first direct referral from a book review.

This is not the first time I have talked about  Elizabeth Weintraub.


                                                  Elizabeth Weintraub.. HomeRome 410-530-2400
Just recently it was about asking for a review.

At a closing this week with the buyer, sellers, the title attorney all sitting at the table... the question came up...How did you find Margaret Rome?

The sellers, not from Maryland, had a relative's property to sell in Baltimore and were searching the internet. They found a book review in the New York Times. It was a review of my book Real Estate the Rome Way and it was written by  Elizabeth Weintraub. From that review, they decided to contact me. The rest of that successful transaction is history.


                                                   Real Estate the Rome Way 410-530-2400


It was ActiveRain that gave me the courage to write. When I first started blogging, one of my thoughts...put together a dozen of these blogs (chapters) and you will have that book. Over the years I have been quite fortunate how the AR community has embraced me and my book. So many wonderful members own the book and have generously written about how it touched them. I have donated books and given them as prizes for various contests. Win a Book or a Chat With Margaret Rome Contest.  It has been a wonderful way to Pay It Forward.

A Referral Through a Book Review..How is That Possible?

I have the internet, ActiveRain, Elizabeth and my book to thank for this referral.
PS: The buyer also found me on the internet!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home