Friday, July 15, 2011

This Afternoon, I Become a Real Estate Consumer

What an honor! I have been asked by Pat Kennedy to represent her family in the sale of her parent's home. Lucky me, I got to spend some quality time with Patricia yesterday, taking the listing, giving a few suggestions and having an icy drink at the local cafe nearby. This is going to a wonderful challenge working with a friend and colleague and I am sure this will be the beginning of many posts.

It also helps that I absolutely love the property, one that is very rare in Baltimore area. It reminds me of a Florida home. It is a single family home in a condo community with a two car garage, a fabulous kitchen, laundry, 2 decks, wooded views, vaulted ceilings, 3 bedrooms...all on the first level. A full lower level has another master bedroom with bath, large family room, walk out patio and storage galore. Stay tuned...much more to come.

Wish us luck in getting the right buyer.

Via Patricia Kennedy (Evers & Company Realtors):


After almost 30 years of helping people to buy and sell homes, I am hiring Margaret Rome to represent my family in the sale of my mother's house.
There is no great attachment to this house.  It's not the one we grew up in, but the one my parents bought when they decided to move back to Baltimore in the 1990's.  Still, it's full of things that we did grow up with, and getting the place sold is going to present some interesting challenges for Margaret.
  • Pricing is an interresting exercise as there are no recent comps in the entire project.
  • We'll need to help my youngest sister, who moved into the house two years ago to help look after my mother, find another place to live.
  • We need to decide what, if any, improvements need to be made.
  • We'll need to get it emptied out.
  • It will have to be staged to look wonderful.
The siblings all have ideas of what needs to be done and what does not, and our wonderful listing agent will get to help us sort out the differences.  And being on the other side of the transaction will be pretty interesting.

But, hey!  We have the best listing agent in Baltimore County!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home