Thursday, February 18, 2010

How I Will Remember the Baltimore Blizzard of 2010

Snowbound families. Clogged roads. Icy sidewalks. Cabin fever. They are all part of The Blizzard of 2010 in the Baltimore/Washington area. The snow's not going anywhere soon,...so there will be more stories of kids missing school and state budgets destroyed by the cost of cleanup.

But that's not what I will remember when the summer heat and humidity return. I will recall the entertainment in my front yard as the acrobatic squirrels leapt from feeder to feeder, cleaning me out of seeds…again.

This is How I Will Remember the Baltimore Blizzard of 2010

Squirrel checking out the feeders HomeRome.com caught in the act-HomeRome.com Squirrel hanging on feeder HomeRome.com Squirrel acrobat on feeder HomeRome.com

I'll remember the thrill of digging my driveway and finding buried treasure in the snow – the newspaper! The sound of the most popular man around as he worked his little bobcat up and down the street.

Buried treasure - the newspaper HomeRome.com Man with bobcat - most popular man in town HomeRome.com

The beauty of a redheaded woodpecker having a snack.

Woodpecker on feeder HomeRome.comWoodpecker with seed HomeRome.com

And the photogenic cardinals – Mr. and Mrs. – posing against the bare branches stacked with snow.

Male cardinal in tree puffed against the cold HomeRome.com Female cardinal in tree HomeRome.com Male and female cardinals in snowy tree HomeRome.com Cardinal and chickadee at feeder HomeRome.com

With technology, of course, I kept on working, listing, and selling. But a record-breaking snow like this deserves time to enjoy its beauty and the reminder of how much entertainment we can find by just taking the time to stop and watch Mother Nature's show.

Male cardinal in snowy tree HomeRome.com

This is ...How I Will Remember the Baltimore Blizzard of 2010

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home