Friday, September 09, 2011

Active Rain Meetup in Baltimore, MD-Happy Birthday Margaret Rome!

We had the best time with a wonderful group who showed up to share the RainCamp Meetup and coincidentally my birthday!

Each and every person was a joy and the camaraderie was oozing! Bridget has always been available to support every single gathering and this was no different. Bridget really captured our meetup..with  this post below.
Thank you for taking care of the check! Thank you for making everyone feel so welcome. Thank you for the gift and for the fabulous card from Sydney. The front of the card said "Happy Birthday" with a face within a heart. Amazing how she made that card stand up.

                                Birthday card  by Artist Sydney

Even more important...thanks for the gift of your friendship!
Via Bridget "Mortgage Mama" McGee (Allied Home Mortgage Corp 410-960-2061):
Meetups were scheduled all over the Country and I was surprised that there wasn't anything scheduled in Maryland.  I thought about trying to gather the Maryland Rainers...but then I didn't.  I got a call from Ellie McIntire.  She wanted to plan something.  I suggested she call Margaret.  She did and Margaret stepped up and took the "Rains".
The next thing you know, a Meetup was planned, a blog was written and re-blogged and calls were made.  I have been so blessed to have been a part of several Maryland Meetups, most of which have been organized by Margaret.  Based on my experience with the previous meetups, I knew that there was no place else I could be tonight.
It's been crazy weather in Maryland lately.  The last few days, flooding has been rampant.  Trees are falling down, power has been out, basements are filled with water.   An earthquake, a hurricane, and now rain that doesn't seem that it will ever stop.  Funny, it's kinda like my dance here.  A rumble, a push, and now I can't imaging my business or my life without the Rain!
I wasn't surprised that Margaret chose the Suburban House, it is her kitchen after all.  Since today is Margaret's birthday, I was so glad to see her beautiful daughter and her husband Lee when I walked in.  They sure seem to understand Margaret and the importance of her Active Rain relationships.
 ActiveRain Meetup Maryland
It was so great to see familiar faces and connect with new ones. I got to spend the most time with Anne Arundel County Historic Home Expert Martha Brown, one of Crofton's Premier Realtors, Rich Iarossi, the lovely Charm City Realtor , June Piper Brandon, Chip, of Charm City Staging, and of course Margaret Rome herself.  The conversation was about life and about the market.  It was lively and insightful. These are some sharp folks!  It was great to see Howard County and Catonsville Expert Ellie McIntire, (Sydney's future Mother-in-law?), the ever-smiing Rosa Almond and Hillary Gibbons Wyss of Roo Solutions, a company I am looking forward to checking into!  Carolyn (C-Tann) Starr even made the trek from New York, it was so lovely to see her!
Activerain Meetup maryland
 ActiveRain Meetup MarylandActiveRain Meetup Maryland
ActiveRain Meetup Maryland

activerain meetup maryland
If you are from the area, I know there are lots of reasons why you didn't make it.  There's always something else to do, work to be done, family who needs you, maybe you were even one who was bailing out the basement.  Next time there's an event, I encourage you to take a cue from C-Tann Star.  Carolyn found out about the meetup THIS MORNING.  She hopped in the car and drove down from New York, in the rain.  She said that this was just where she needed to be!  I get it.  Me too!
ActiveRain Meetup Maryland
ActiveRain Meetup Maryland
Happy Birthday Margaret.  As Sydney's Birthday Card to her said:  "I hope you have good days and nights and I hope you have a good time with your Active Rain Friends"   Here is wishing you a wonderful year!!  Thanks for sharing your day with us!

A special thanks to our great servers from Suburban House.  Great job!  Thank you for making this such a great evening!
ActiveRain Suburban House Restaurant
Warm Regards,
Bridget McGee  Maryland Mortgage Mama   Allied Home Mortgage Corp #1448  410-960-2061 EHO
If you are considering purchasing a home in Maryland and want to be sure you are mortgage ready, my brother Tony and I will be happy to help! We help to make the mortgage process a pleasure!
For home owner's we provide a no-cost mortgage review to help you to determine if refinancing may be in your best interest.  Please contact me at 410-960-2061.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home